Application lifecycle management (ALM) is the concept of managing your software development project throughout all phases of its life. Statistics have shown that software and applications acquired and deployed within a lifecycle management framework are both more reliable and more stable.
Lifecycle Management is challenging, especially in larger organizations. New opportunities are continuously emerging, innovation drives success and the pace is normally high to keep ahead of your competition. To succeed you need one coherent platform for developing applications or products that supports your efforts, makes your work more efficient and cost effective. You also need to cover the maintenance and management/operations, customer relationship and support aspects of the lifecycle to truly deliver great value to your customers.
infoknight essentially believes that structuring, acquisition, development, deployment, operating and maintenance steps help lead to optimized environments, which in turn provide higher returns on investment, decreases in errors and down time.
How can it be used?
- Idea, requirement and feature management
- Requirement management
- Project planning and software road mapping
- Service and application management
- Bug/issue/task tracking
- Test management
- Source code integration
- Build management
- Configuration management
- Customer management
- Contract management (software and service contracts)
What results can you expect?
- Improved communication between departments, and geographically distributed teams
- Improved efficiency of managing change requests and follow them till completion
- Problem-free sharing of planned releases and software roadmap to customers and colleagues
- Efficient discussions with customers and stakeholders
- Projects delivered on time and budget
- Improved customer satisfaction