Maximize value. Minimize stress. Enjoy lasting success.
IT automation—when it works, it’s barely visible; when it fails, it’s catastrophic. Even if your automation initiative can pay for itself with hard-dollar savings in operational costs, taking an ad-hoc approach puts you at a competitive disadvantage.
Implemented strategically, automation can deliver far greater business value by dramatically improving time to market and quality of service, increasing your ability to respond quickly to changing business requirements, and radically reducing security and compliance risks.
infoknight provides the best-practices guidance, products, and services you need to achieve a lasting competitive advantage through automation.
How to realize IT automation value
Develop an automation strategy
- Take a holistic approach not piecemeal
- Assess baseline automation levels
- Consider IT process maturity, organizational roles, current automation tools
- Balance technology adoption with organization readiness
Focus on critical solution areas
- Provisioning and configuration
- Patching and compliance
- Cloud automation
Maximize value at each level
- Extract value at each level before moving to the next
- Keep people, process, and technology factors in sync as sophistication grows
- Include pre- and post-execution tasks to sully automate a process
Let business value be your guide
- Associate automation activity with time and cost savings
- Apply risk assessment metrics and compliance outcomes
- Continually monitor, measure, and report
Server Automation enables enterprise-class compliance and configuration management across physical, virtual, and hybrid cloud environments.
Network Automation streamlines your network and prevents outages by automating configuration, change, and compliance processes.
Closed-loop approach to closing the SecOps gap. It reduces security risks and lowers audit and compliance costs by dramatically decreasing the amount of time and effort to find, remediate, and track issues.